Due to the changes required by Alberta Health Services and our governing body (The Alberta Dental Association & College) we are utilizing extra precautions to take care of your family.
What has changed in our office?
- Payment – The full cost of the dental visit is due at the time of the appointment. Payments can be made via Visa, Mastercard, American Express or eTransfer
- Insurance – We generally do not direct bill insurance plans however if you have dental coverage, The Smile Team will electronically submit a dental claim on your behalf. You are responsible for providing The Smile Team with your insurance coverage.
- Fees – The Smile Team fees are aligned with The Alberta Dental Pediatric Specialist Fee Guide
If you have questions about our financial policies, please feel free to contact our office, we are happy to help discuss your options!
- Each member in our team will be screened at the beginning of the day for Covid-19 symptoms. Each member will be signing a consent form stating that they are healthy and feeling 100% to work. Their temperature will be checked and they will be wearing enhanced personal protective equipment (PPE).
- We will pre-screen every patient when confirming their appointment. Pre-Screening questions include symptoms and history of travel.
- Patients will be asked to bring only one caregiver. Siblings that do not have an appointment will be asked to stay home.
- There will not be any toys in the waiting room when you arrive, and families will be socially distanced.
- Everyone 2 years and older must wear a mask when entering our building, including the main lobby. Upon arrival you will be asked to sanitize hands and sit in a specific family area.
- A screening and consent form will be signed by each family before your child’s procedure.
- You and your child will be escorted to the designated operatory
- Once your child’s procedure is finished, a team member will escort you and your child to the check out area and exit through our dedicated area of dismissal
For more details for the updated office tour please click the link to our YouTube video and please watch it with your child before their next appointment! Click Here!
The changes that all dental offices are going through is resulting in the need for many to make some changes. Our goal is to continue to provide excellent care without having to increase any fees. In order to do this, we will now accept full payment at the time of service and your insurance company will reimburse you directly.
We want to thank all our Smile Team families for their ongoing patience throughout these times. We appreciate every single one of you and truly are thankful for the love and support we have received over the past couple months. Although we will potentially experience some growing pains and changes throughout the next while, we are confident that with our new protocols we will be able to see our patients in the safest way.
Familiarity is very helpful for children so we have made this video to demonstrate our new protocols as well as help our families feel more comfortable and less overwhelmed when they arrive for their appointment.