We are always accepting new patients – no referral needed!
Why Choose Us?
- We’re fun and friendly!
- We charge Alberta’s Dental Specialist Fee Guide
- We offer a full range of paediatric services under one roof
We are always accepting new patients with or without a referral. We make every effort get emergency visits in same or next day.
Here are some answers to some common questions about your childs first dental visit:
When should my child see a dentist for the first time?
We would love to meet with you and your child as early as the age of 6 months. Early visits allow us to get to know you and your child and help you stay educated and prepared for all the changes that occur in children’s mouths. The most affordable and easiest way to manage dental issues is to prevent them in the first place. In the event that we do need to complete restorative treatment, your child is coming to a familiar and friendly place and will often be better able to handle the stress and anxiety that comes with many procedures. Cavities are the most common infectious disease in Canadian children.
Why should I go see a pediatric dentist?
Pediatric dentists are certified specialists in children’s oral health. Children are not simply little adults; their needs are unique and we focus on specific parts of their oral health at different stages of growth and developement. Their dietary habits and needs are also different than adults, and can affect their teeth in many ways. Baby teeth have different characteristics than adult teeth and need to be taken care of in a very specific way in order to prevent cavities and other problems. Pediatric dentists have the specialized training to be able to guide you through your child’s oral health from infancy until adulthood.
What happens at the first visit in your clinic?
Our doctors will do a dental exam to see if there are any signs of weak enamel as cavities progress very fast in baby teeth. Diagnostic radiographs will be taken at the age of three or if necessary prior to that age. The team will go over diet and oral hygiene in depth to make sure your child is getting the optimal care for teeth. If there is treatment to be done, we will coordinate a comprehensive treatment plan for your child.
If you do not have AdobeReader? installed on your computer, Click Here to download.
- Payment – The full cost of the dental visit is due at the time of the appointment. Payments can be made via Visa, Mastercard, American Express or eTransfer
- Insurance – We generally do not direct bill insurance plans however if you have dental coverage, The Smile Team will electronically submit a dental claim on your behalf. You are responsible for providing The Smile Team with your insurance coverage.
- Fees – The Smile Team fees are aligned with The Alberta Dental Pediatric Specialist Fee Guide
If you have questions about our financial policies, please feel free to contact our office, we are happy to help discuss your options!
The Smile Team Difference
We’ve crafted a fun and exciting dental experience for children to ensure that they maintain excellent oral health and positive preventative habits.
MEET DR. CHAHAL
Your child is in great hands with Dr. Chahal and her team!
- Voted Top 3 Pediatric Dentist in Calgary
- Mother of 3 children and empathizes with parents
- Over 13 years of experience working with children
- Experience with complicated and specialized cases
INSURANCE + PAYMENTS
We make every effort to alleviate barriers to excellent care.
- We Follow the Alberta Dental Specialists Fee Guide
WE’RE FUN & FRIENDLY
We’ve created an awesome experience for you and your child!
- Friendly and Energetic Team
- Modern, Renovated, Sports Themed Office
- Free Parking